To ensure effective integrated development and monitoring of Skill Training and Apprenticeship training at state level, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India has decided to set up REGIONAL DIRECTORATE OF SKILL DEVELOPMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP (RDSDE) for each State / UT.
Accordingly for the state of Karnatka, RDSDE has been established since January 2019. The existing Central Field Institutes viz; National Skill Training Institute (NSTI-I) Campus I, National Skill Training Institute-II (NSTI-II) Campus II and National Skill Training Institutes for Women (NSTIs(W)) situated at FTI Campus and Hosur Road respectively at Bengaluru has became an integrated subordinate formation under this RDSDEs. Head of RDSDE is known as "Regional Director". RDSDE, Karnataka, Bengaluru is the attached Office of the Ministry Skill Development. The Regional Director of RDSDE, Karnatka is also designated as Regional Apprenticeship Advisor in terms of Section 27 of the Apprentices Act, 1961.
1) CRAFTSMEN TRAINING SCHEME (CTS)
-Giving inputs viz. addition of courses, deletion of courses etc. as per DGT Hqrs. instructions from time to time.
-Ensuring Dual System of Training (DST) in all ITIs in the States.
-Ensuring that all ITIs in the state participate in grading exercise.
2) CRAFT INSTRUCTOR TRAINING SCHEME(CITS)
-Training of Craft Instructors in the techniques of transferring hands-on skills.
3) ADVANCED VOCATIONAL TRAINING SCHEME (AVTS)
-Design and run the short term training programme in association with industry as well for ITI instructors of the State(s)
4) APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING SCHEME (ATS)
- Registration of contracts of apprenticeship.
- Promoting Apprenticeship Training at in the State(s).
- Arranging Trade Committee Meeting and Regional Apprenticeship Advisory Committee meeting in accordance with the directives of Hqrs.
- Assistance and advice to State Apprenticeship Advisers and Private sector industries within the region.
- Ensuring BTPs in association with industry and good graded ITIs.
5) NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP PROMOTION SCHEME (NAPS)
- Receiving claims from employer for reimbursement.
- Claim clearance.
- Monitoring of NAPS to know whether the apprentices are actually undergoing apprenticeship training.
6) SKILL STRENGTHENING FOR INDUSTIRAL VALUE ENHANCEMENT OPERATION (STRIVE)
- Physical Progress and Financial Utilization with respect to the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) selected under STRIVE project
- Coordination with the State Project Implementing Units (SPIUs) on the Progress and Process of STRIVE.
- Physical Progress and Financial Utilization with respect to 100 Industrial Clusters (ICs) to be selected from among 36 States and Union Territories.
- Coordination with the State Apprenticeship Management Committees (SAMCs)on the Progress and Process of Apprenticeship programmes under STRIVE.
7) COORDINATION THE ACTIVIITES OF PRIME MINISTER KAUSHAL KENDRA (PMKK) AND PRIME MINISTER KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA (PMKVY)
8) COORDINATION WITH CENTRAL/STATE MINISTRIES / DEPARTMENTS FOR CENTRAL / STATE SECTOR SCHEMES ON SKILL DEVELOPMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIPS SUCH AS DDU-GKY AND NULM ETC.
9) COORDINATION WITH DISTRICT SKILL NODAL CENTRE AND DISTRICT SKILLING COMMITTEE UNDER THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF DISTRICT COLLECTORS IN THE STATE
10) COORDINATION WITH SKILL UNIVERSITIES UNDER CENTRAL/STATE GOVERNMENT ACT FOR VARIOUS ACTIVITIES.